Friday, April 13, 2012

"Damn! We're in a Tight Spot!"


Ulysses Everett McGill in O Brother, Where Are Thou? 2000 

O brother, I was in a tight spot alright! Here I was, sitting in Dr. Goodsoul’s office and freaking out over the devastating news that my old infection was re-activated.  And it was from a mosquito bite, no less. Did this mean that mosquitoes could transmit Lyme? Or, was there something in the mosquito’s saliva that somehow triggered the spirochetes to re-enter my bloodstream and cause symptoms?

As of now, there is no scientific evidence proving that mosquitoes can transmit Lyme to humans. But there is published scientific data that shows the presence of the Lyme Bb bacteria (Borrelia burgdorferi) in mosquitoes as well as tears!

Dr. Lida Mattman, a nominee for the Nobel Prize of Medicine, was a brilliant bacteriologist who devoted close to fifty years researching spirochetes. She was able to extract and study Lyme spirochetes from mosquitoes, gnats, ticks, fleas, as well as urine, semen and blood.

In her revolutionary book, Cell Wall Deficient Form: Stealth Pathogens, she identifies the pleomorphic Bb bacteria as having the ability to convert from a spirochete to other forms, such as the cyst form, the cell-wall deficient form and bio-films. The problem with these “morphed” forms is that they are very hard to treat. The cyst (a tightly coiled sac of spirochetes), the CWD (lacks a cell wall) and the bio-film (which is a colony of cysts) are resistant to many antibiotics.  Dr. Mattman’s research also shows that the CWD or cell-wall deficient bacteria, may be responsible for many chronic illnesses, including Lyme, MS, ALS and Parkinson’s disease.

Dr. Goodsoul was very familiar with the “morphed” forms of Lyme and he didn’t waste a minute. He looked at me and said, “You must have ozone irradiation intravenous therapy and you must start as soon as possible. Can you start treatment today?”

I knew nothing about this new therapy but did I have a choice? If Dr. Goodsoul recommended it to me, it must work. And considering all of his other therapies benefited me so far, I knew this was what I had to do. So as his nurse practitioner was prepping me for the IV, Dr. Goodsoul explained that this therapy was actually two therapies in one.

“First, blood is withdrawn and injected into the saline solution. Oxygenated ozone is bubbled into the blood and mixed. Then, this blood solution is exposed to ultra-violet light as it is re-infused into your body.”

Dr.Goodsoul raved how this therapy helps the body to function at a more efficient state. It oxygenates the blood and cytokine* cells so that the body can combat bacteria  (including spirochetes), viruses, parasites, bacterial yeast, and the bio-films. The best part was that there were no side effects. I needed eight weekly treatments to halt the extent of the infection. The procedure lasted about 45 minutes and the only time I experienced a significant herx (die-off reaction) was after the first treatment. I was so spacey that I went through a stop sign on the way home. I arrived home safe but I must admit it was a challenge to keep my mind steady and focused on the road.

My foggy thoughts kept on straying to the AI drops. I knew I had to re-submit my saliva to the allergie-immun lab as soon as possible. But the problem was that my therapy had been finished two months ago. I was worried. Would they honor my original account and not charge me for a whole new course? “Well,” I thought,” there was only one way to find out.”  

So, when I got home, I wrote them a note explaining that I was re-infected, and along with my saliva sample, mailed it to Germany that very day.

Sure enough, about three weeks later, another round of drops had arrived in the mail. The analysis revealed chemical, energetic and biological disruptions. And to my delight, they didn’t charge me any additional fee.

It took just one more round of drops and the completion of the ozone therapy to get my health back to my previous state.  The Lyme is in remission and I’m feeling good again.

Dr. Goodsoul believes that it is possible that mosquitoes and biting flies could transmit Lyme. So do many other LLMD’s. And so do many Lyme patients who can’t recall being bitten by a tick. It’s true that the nymph deer tick is the size of a pinhead. Ticks also secrete an anti-inflammatory into their saliva when they feed. Therefore, many times they go unnoticed.

So far, research and funding is only limited to ticks. This may change in the future. Public awareness and data are the key factors. Suspicious bites from flying insects should not be ignored. If there is enough data, then maybe researchers like Dr. Kerry Clark could open up a whole new can of microscopic worms (aka spirochetes!)

Dr. Kerry Clark, associate professor of Epidemiology and Environmental Health at the University of North Florida, has devoted his life to researching the cause and transmission of Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases. He would “love to investigate if wild mosquitoes contain Lyme Borrelia DNA.” But he needs info from YOU!

Send clear digital photos of your bite (put a coin next to the bite for size comparison). Include the date (clipped from a newspaper or magazine) in the photo, a full body shot and a description of your experience and symptoms, if any.

Send data to Dr. Kerry Clark – kclark@unf.edu 

And at the same time, send a copy of your info to the CDC – CDCINFO@cdc.gov  or http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/   and your doctor, too.

It took me three months to get out of my “tight spot.” I will never know if that mosquito that bit me was indeed infected with Lyme. But my gut tells me that this wasn’t an isolated incident. I believe many of us who have been exposed to Lyme in the past are at a higher risk for re-infection.  The good news for me is that the fear of relapse and returning to a chronic state of sickness is fading away.

Now my road to healing will lead me into another path. 

My road to healing will lead me to another dimension.

My road to healing will lead me to answers.


“I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation.”
Blind Seer – O Brother, Where Art Thou?




*cytokine - a protein secreted by the lymph cells that affect cellular activity and controls inflammation. (Encarta Dictionary)


                                                                                                          



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned about BIT a couple of years ago and have been waiting for someone out there in lymeland to try it before I do. The clinic that does this treatment is about a 2 hour drive and the woman said she believes my insurance would cover it. I'm open, just need my driver (husband) to be able to take me.

healerdealer said...

Is BIT Brain Integration Therapy? Good luck with that!

I feel we all need multiple complimentary therapies to address the complexities of Lyme or ANY chronic illness.

B ----pro-active!

Anonymous said...

BID is abbreviation for Blood Irradiation Therapy. Its what you were explaining about. Basically BID is the application of either ozone or hydrogen peroxide and ultraviolet therapy to a patient at the same time.

healerdealer said...

Got it! I wasn't familiar with the therapy until I did it. No one I know has done it, either. I believe that both the AI Drops and the BIT put me back into remission.

You're lucky that it is covered by insurance.