Friday, July 27, 2018

OVERCOMING THE FEAR OF DISEASE (PART 1)

Back in 1998, I was diagnosed with chronic Lyme disease and many other opportunistic bacteria, viruses and fungi. Some, I never heard of. Others, I could barely pronounce.      I was physically sick and emotionally devastated to learn that tiny microscopic organisms were invading my body and sucking the life out of me. 

And to top it all off, my LLMD (Lyme Literate Medical Doctor), told me that I could never get rid of the Lyme bacteria. I would always have Lyme.  I would always have some chronic issues related to Lyme. I could never be completely healed. (See Depression and Chronic Disease - A Double Dilemma)

Cluster of Borrelia burgdorferi (Lyme bacteria) in my blood in 2003.
Rapid Fluorescent Antibody Preparation - Bowen Labs

I couldn't believe it!  And I refused to accept this prophecy of doom from my doctor. I had to find a way to get better and never give up until I did! It wasn't until my son was diagnosed with Lyme in 2008, that I finally went  alternative to get well. And we did!! (See My Healing Story and My Son's Healing Story)

As I think back to that time, I realize now that I got well with therapies and treatments that were based on a different belief system then what  my former LLMD,  a doctor of Western medicine, was taught to believe. (See Fear Leads to Anger...)

Western medicine is based on Louis Pasteur's germ theory of disease. "Disease is caused by specific microorganisms that invade the body from the outside." from Pasteur vs. Bechamp: The Germ Theory Debate  And of course, he was famous for developing pasteurization - the process of heating a liquid (like milk) to kill pathogens (bad germs) to extend shelf life and make the product safer for consumption. This school of thought, that germs are bad and need to be killed in order to prevent sickness, is what Western medical doctors believe to be the right way to treat sickness and disease.

At the same time that Louis Pasteur was doing his research, another well-respected French scientist, Antoine Bechamp, was developing another theory known as the cellular theory of disease.

The cellular theory is a completely different belief system than the germ theory. "Bechamp found that germs were everywhere and even existed inside of us in a symbiotic relationship. Bechamp noticed in his research that only when the tissue of the host became damaged or compromised that these germs began to manifest in a prevailing symptom (not cause) of disease...Bechamp saw the infection as a footnote to the state of illness and not the primary cause. As the person restored health through diet, hygiene and detoxification, the infection went away on its own, without needing measures to kill it." from Pasteur vs. Bechamp: An Alternative View of Infectious Disease

Bechamp also found that "disease developed in the presence of an unhealthy environment caused by an unbalanced state in the body. He held that disease could not take hold without a preexisting weakness." from Pasteur vs. Bechamp: The Germ Theory Debate

"Dr. Julian Baldor, a surgeon, in a speech before the Florida League of Humane Progress, talked about Dr. Bechamp as one of the greatest scientists of all time. He said, 'Dr. Bechamp proved that our bodies become hostess to a germ only after chemical and mechanical changes have damaged our system and that as long as our bodies and tissues retain a high vitality and resistance, a germ, infection or disease will not make progress; and furthermore, the disease organism will not survive after its entrance in a healthy organism. for an example, we see flies on a manure pile, and other parasites also. Some of these parasites may be dangerous and capable of producing disease under favorable circumstances. If however, we remove the pile of manure, the parasites disappear at the same time. Which do you think is more intelligent: To fight disease by swatting flies or to remove the pile of manure? from Are Germs the Real Problem? Pasteur vs. Bechamp

I have to agree with Dr. Baldor. I saw my body as a pile of poop that attracted BUGS! But it was my emotional health, my GERMOPHOBIA, (the fear of germs!) that started my downward spiral. I was germophobic and so was my former LLMD! And come to think of it, Germophobia is pervasive throughout our society. In order for me to get well, I had to get away from the FEAR that was keeping me stuck and sick and find a doctor that believed that disease could be reversed and healing is possible. (See The Holistic Dr. Gurevich)

I also believe that Dr. Bechamp's research laid the foundation for the alternative practitioners of today. But there is one huge piece that Bechamp never thought of or was probably never aware of that made my healing possible.  It is the energetic part of who we are. Our emotional and spiritual self defines our health!


When I began to change the way I saw myself, that is balance my emotional, mental and spiritual components, my physical being began to reflect my balanced state of being. And I could only do this with alternative and holistic practitioners who helped me to heal - without killing anything! (See Overcoming the Fear of Lyme Disease)

Dr. Valerie Hunt, scientist, physiological researcher of human energy fields and author of Infinite Mind: Science of the Human Energy Field, found in her research and clinical studies that changes in the human energy field (aura) affect our physical and mental states. When the energy field is unbalanced, then problems leading to sickness or disease, are  shown up in the body.

This is the concept of energy medicine. And it was through this belief system that            I became completely healed.

To be continued...








No comments: