Thursday, July 4, 2013

HIKING IN NY and NJ

“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside,  somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God…I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.”   Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl


View from Sam's Point Preserve, N.Y.

Thanks to my husband, I have become an avid hiker and now we are on the trails of N.J. or N.Y. every weekend rain or shine all year round.  Thanks to Dr. Ben’s Personal Insect Repellent, I can honestly say that I feel protected from the pesky biting bugs, especially ticks. Thanks to an amazing self-help therapy, shown to me by Dr. Goodsoul  (See I Think I'm Getting the Fear),  my fear of bites leading to sickness,  is finally fading away.  And last but not least... I’m especially thankful  for discovering   the joy,  wonder and challenges of exploring Mother  Nature’s playground… and being a kid all over again.


Little Long Pond and Lake Kanawauke at Harriman State Park, NY.


Verkeerder Kill Falls,  Sam's Point N.Y.


Ice Caves at Sam's Point Preserve, NY



Lake Skenonto at Harriman State Park, NY





My furry Jersey friend


My  little orange friend along a wet trail in Jersey










No comments: